Adams County Community Center
Facility Use Policy
Center Use and Reservation Policies
- The Community Center is owned by the Adams County Government. The County Manager/Administrative Coordinator oversees the operation of the Center.
- WiFi is available in the Library during normal Library hours.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday before 9 a.m. and Thursdays before 1p.m. an unused meeting room or 145A may be used. Please check with the Extension office before going to a room.
Community Bulletin Board
- A bulletin board for posting Community/County Events is located in the main entrance to the Community Center.
- This board is not to be used for solicitation or selling purposes.
- Rooms may be reserved subject to availability, dependent on where Adams County ranks on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) COVID-19 Community Level tool: ly/community_levels. Rooms will be scheduled through the UW-Extension Department. The Community Center rooms are available year round. Residents or Groups must fill out an “Application for Use” form and turn in their deposit checks to secure use of the Center.
- Use by County Departments, Committees and Boards shall have priority over all other uses. If there is a scheduling conflict, the County group will have priority over another group.
- All “Applications for Use” shall be submitted to the Extension office using the appropriate Application Use Form.
- Reservations shall be made on a first come first serve basis.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Use of the building is restricted to the room(s) assigned. Every effort will be made to provide the room requested, however, if necessary, Adams County reserves the right to move a meeting or session to a more suitable size room.
- The pool table located in Room 145A is not to be used, moved, or have items placed on it. The applicant will be responsible for all costs to re-level the table if it is moved.
- Rooms have a set number tables and chairs. Extra tables and chairs may not be available. Check at time of application.
|Room||Approximate Sq. Ft.||# Tables in Room|
Ongoing Center Use
- Requests for ongoing center use will be considered
- Applications may be submitted up to one year before the starting date.
- A new application will need to be completed each year or if the responsible applicant changes.
- Ongoing users may be asked to cancel/change the date of their meeting/event from time to time to allow others to use the facilities.
- The Center hours of availability are from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. All exceptions will be subject to approval by the designated Extension staff.
- Applicant must be present during all hours of the scheduled event.
- Participants must adhere to times agreed to on the application.
- Reservation hours must include set-up and clean-up time.
Responsibilities of the Applicant
- Applicant is responsible for the conduct of all participants, supervision of minors, damages and all fees due.
- Anyone using the Center or being on the premise of the Center and grounds shall be expected to exhibit proper behavior at all times. Failure to comply with the requirement may result in forfeiture of future use of the Center. Disorderlyconduct or vandalism may result in immediate expulsion or arrest and the depositmay be forfeited.
- The applicant is responsible for their room set up. Tables and chairs may be moved, but room must be returned to the original set-up position at the end of the event. To prevent damage to floors, tables,chairs and other items must be lifted and not dragged across the floors. No tables, chairs or other Community Center property is to be removed from the building.
- The applicant is responsible for cleaning the room used. The applicant is required to mop up any spills, remove any dropped food, sweep floors, remove all decorations and table coverings, wipe down all tables, wipe down chairs where floor or drinks have been spilled. Bag all trash and remove it to the dumpster.
- Painters tape is the only means of attaching decorations to walls. NO staples, tacks or nails are allowed.
- All set-up and takedown of decorations are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Helium balloons must be anchored and removed after the event.
- No use of inflatable jumping/ball pits etc are allowed inside or outside.
- Open flames, lighted candles, incense, glitter, rice, confetti, graphite and other similar materials are not allowed in the building.
- No smoke or fog machines are allowed.
- Smoking is NOT allowed on County Property. No smoking in the building or on the grounds.
- No animals are allowed on the grounds, except service animals.
- NO alcoholic beverages are permitted in the building or on the grounds.
Kitchen Use Policy
- Kitchen must be cleaned after use. Mop floor, remove trash, etc. This will be discussed in detail at a required kitchen use training meeting.
- Towels and containers are not supplied.
- If the equipment such as steam table, dishwasher, mixer, etc are being used the individual signing the “Application for Use” form must be properly trained before usage.
- If a meal is being prepared in the kitchen facility an individual certified in the State Food Sanitation Course must be at the location and a copy of the certification displayed.
- If you do not have an individual who is certified in the State Food Sanitation Course there is a list of individuals who are available to you.
Door Locking Procedure
- All public access doors are on an automatic system for unlocking/locking. On normal business days the doors will unlock at 8:00 a.m. and will lock when the Library is scheduled to close.
- If your group will need the doors open beyond the official building closure, you will need to request a key fob from the Extension office and use it to enter the facility.
- You will need to unlock the doors and be responsible for locking them if you wish the doors to be open after normal closing times.
- If you happen to be the last meeting of the evening you will be required to turn off the lights in your meeting room and the main hallway. The switch for the main hallway lights is located on the northside of the double doors (main entrance) into the Community Center building.
- If you have a key fob to the building you need to drop it in the key drop box after you have locked the doors. If the key fob is not returned you will forfeit your deposit.
- The key fob must be picked up from the Extension office before 4:30 p.m. for events held Monday – Friday. When an event is held on a non-county working day, the key must be picked up the last working day prior to the event.
- The key fob must be left in the designated key drop box at the end of the meeting/event.
- The key fob must remain in the possession of the individual who signs the “Application for Use” form.
- If a cancellation is received 24 hours prior to the scheduled use a full refund will be provided. If less than 24 hours the room use fee will be forfeited.
- If an non-paying group does not cancel 24 hours in advance your group will be charged $15.00. This will be deducted from your security deposit and you will be required to replenish you security deposit within 15 days or your group will be ineligible to make future reservations.
Inclement Weather Policy
- In the event of inclement weather, please call the Extension office at 608-339-4237 to determine our operating status. Please note that the Adams County Community Center follows the Adams County Government operation decision during inclement weather, not the A-F School District.
- Group 1 – Government Departments – No fees charged
- Group 2 – Private Function, Church groups, Businesses – Use fee/Kitchen Fee Charged
- Group 3 – Non-Profit Organizations with a valid 501(c)3, No room use fee is charged. Kitchen use fee is charged
- Sales Tax is charged in accordance with the current law.
|Room||Use Fee 1-4 Hours||Use Fee Over 4 Hours|
- A $100 security deposit is required for room rentals.
- A $200 security deposit is required for rental of a room and the kitchen.
- Recurring users/rentals are not required to provide a security deposit.
- This security deposit will be returned after the meeting/event provided room(s) used are clean, no damage had been done and any key fobs issued are returned.
- The designated person in the Extension office will make a determination of allowable use, classification of activity types and/or resolve questions regarding fees. If the applicant disagrees with the decision rendered, the applicant may appeal the decision to the County Manager/Administrative Coordinator.