News & Updates
Small Ruminant Webinar Series
Learn the latest research on sheep and goat production from UW-Madison Division of
Madison, WI – The Small Ruminant webinar series, hosted by the UW-Madison Division of
Extension, provides a research-driven view of popular sheep production issues that
connect sheep and goat producers around the state. This series also connects producers
to useful tools, techniques, and tricks of the trade & tips from the field.
Join this monthly webinar via Zoom at 7:30 PM CST on the second Wednesday of
January-April. Register now at: go.wisc.edu/FarmReadyResearch
● January 11
○ Getting little ones off to the rightstart: Tackling pregnancy toxemia and
○ Robert Van Saun DVM, MS, Ph.D. PennState Extension Veterinarian
● February 8
○ Weather the ups and downs with the UW-Madison Extension Sheep Operation
○ Carolyn Ihde and Bill Halfman, UW-Madison Division of Extension Outreach
● March 8
○ Preparation for a successful breeding season
○ Dr. Justin Luther, Associate Professor, UW-River Falls
● April 12
○ Grilling and eating lamb
○ Cody Hiemke
Get the most up-to-date information on dairy and livestock production, forages, and farm
management resources from Extension’s Agriculture virtual education offerings. Your
farm-ready research! There is no charge to participate in the sessions, but pre-registration is
required to allow access. Register online at go.wisc.edu/FarmReadyResearch.
Answers to Your Nutrient Management Planning Questions
The NPM Program staff is available for free telephone assistance to answer questions people may have regarding their nutrient management plans. This includes questions on the SnapPlus software program or any other aspect of nutrient management plan preparation.
Check out the NPM Optimizing Nutrient Management webpage
Publication: Understanding Soil Phosphorus
A blast from the past. Understanding Soil Phosphorus is a 32-page publication first released in 2004. The bulletin contains relevant and comprehensive information on phosphorus and agricultural management practices for minimizing the impact of phosphorus on surface water quality. Download Understanding Soil Phosphorus by clicking here or contact the NPM Program to receive print copies.
Please note: The NPM Program has hard copy versions of the publication mentioned above. Please send requests to email@example.com noting the number of copies you would like and a mailing address.
- Central WI Ag Services
- Hancock Agricultural Research Station
- WI Department of Agriculture, Trade, & Consumer Protection
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Central WI Agricultural Specialization
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Extension